sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Shock on the steering linkages?

Default Shock on the steering linkages?

I've seen this a few times, and can't figure out for the life of me why this would make sense. Can someone explain it to me?
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

kyle_l Guest

helps get rid of bump steer at higher speeds.

Copious Guest

The shock on the stearing linkage, Is to slow down feedback thruogh the system to the wheel and to the driver. It works as a standard shock to dampen the vibrations and shock from driving and hitting small obsticles.
    If you have bump steer you cannot eliminate it but you can slow down the transfer of forces.
    It's called a "Steering Stabalizer" And if you add a second one it will make the vibrations and shocks twice as noticable. Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by Copious View Post
    The shock on the stearing linkage, Is to slow down feedback thruogh the system to the wheel and to the driver. It works as a standard shock to dampen the vibrations and shock from driving and hitting small obsticles.
    If you have bump steer you cannot eliminate it but you can slow down the transfer of forces.
    It's called a "Steering Stabalizer" And if you add a second one it will make the vibrations and shocks twice as noticable. Good Question
    Great answer, thanks very much. Exactly what I was looking for. That said, it must slow the or diminish the force applied to turn the wheels, right?

Copious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Great answer, thanks very much. Exactly what I was looking for. That said, it must slow the or diminish the force applied to turn the wheels, right?
    It would slow the response but the same force is required, It gives that more smooth feel for the driver. Like an RC shock it does not have any pressure/power behind it but dampens the shock and vibrations Any forces

I guess it would have to be a shock with a spring in it too right? Like, not just a damper like it looks like on some rigs.

Is there any point to it in scale, other than looks?

I use them as servo savers, placing a hard spring on either side of the piston and replacing the rod with the shock. Works good and looks pretty cool too. You can play around with spring tensions to give you a better response or a more forgiving servo saver. Old Tamiya SRB shocks work great for this

Copious Guest

G-made I beleive has one built for the same reason as Kev makes his.

To Make your servo work harder is my guess

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk