sbg  
Pro-Line
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nigelpheron's Micro Landscapes

Default Nigelpheron's Micro Landscapes

Still don't have my truck done.

Well, I blew a steering servo; so untill the new one shows up, I'll be working on this new furniture edition to my pad. Influenced by Table Top Crawling, and model railroad dioramas, I started working on this:

Blue foam, scratched-shaped with a stiff wire brush, then a sand / epoxy mix with burnt sienna, yellow ocher & raw umber tints mixed in.

The shine and colour was knocked down by sprinkling dry sand all over the wet epoxy.
    This also gives good grip to the surface.

About an inch of light weight sand (woodland scenics fine buff ballast), will go into the river bed. It should be a subtle challenge to drive in.

Will update when more detailing is done.

lance banner Guest

that is sweet for a little crawler truck. good work, clean to

TragicallyTim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nigelpheron View Post
    Still don't have my truck done.

Well, I blew a steering servo; so untill the new one shows up, I'll be working on this:

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=1.jpg

More blue foam, scratched-shaped with a stiff wire brush, then a sand / epoxy mix with burnt sienna, yellow ocher & raw umber tints mixed in.

The shine and colour was knocked down by sprinkling dry sand all over the wet epoxy.
    This also gives good grip to the surface.

Some dry season coloured grass was then stuck into the epoxy, in my field section.

About an inch of light weight sand (woodland scenics fine buff ballast), will go into the river bed. It should be a subtle challenge to drive in.

Will update when more detailing is done.

Dude!!

Those are some sweet pics. Love the terrain.

What's the dimensions of it?

Things have changed since this post. Ignore this reply.

Default Cacti

Got some saguaros done.

Carved'em from foam, then painted them with a blackened epoxy resin mix. Then sand from my local creek bed was drizzled all over the wet epoxy. The plan was to paint them when dry, but the colour they came out is just fine.

Added some budding flower tops to them, and now just to make some barrel cacti:

Hillbillycrawler Guest

Man you have got some skill.look great

Skill?....Nah man. Time! And a lot of train modelling books from the library.
    But thanx though.

Couldn't find any model cactus online, so I winged it. It took a bit to carve the grooves in the cactuses, and the end result with the finish was pure luck.

Looks awesome man. Really nice work.

@tw!ll Guest

Amazing work! I'd love to have that sitting in my living room. When people ask, i could say it's my zen garden and start raking the sand. Then when they leave pull out the micro and get hard core off road.
    Truly amazing work

Thanx,

Here is it all done. I don't have water in it any more, I went with the buff-coloured fine ballast. It's cool to leave tire marks in it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast