sbg  
Axial
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: International Scout SSII

@tw!ll Guest

Default International Scout SSII

I'm building a replica rig for a customer. He'd like a little version of his sweet 1:1 Here's the big one:

It's got more mods than I have room to list.
    So first things first I needed a body. Thought about getting a proline cgr, but noticed it's totally different. Not even close to the same style.
    Knowing I'm not the greatest styrene master(actually I suck) I contracted Richard(pardonmynoob) from OffthegridRC to put one together for me. Sent him a shiny new clodbuster body to start with, and here is the progression to scouty goodness.

@tw!ll Guest

More

So the body is on it's way to me now. I'll be posting up as I go. If anyone has a set of RC4WD K44's they would like to part with, by all means let me know.

Pretty cool rig!

wow cant even see the clod in it anymore
    nice work

@tw!ll Guest

Quote Originally Posted by muddyWaters View Post
    Pretty cool rig!
    Quote Originally Posted by R/C Bashist View Post
    Never heard of this rig before, very cool indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by curly View Post
    wow cant even see the clod in it anymore
    nice work
    The 1:1 is a cool and unique rig.
    I'd say thanks, but I'll I've done so far is pay people and find parts online
    Richard did an amazing job on this body. Now I have to do the rest.

@tw!ll Guest

Well the Binder has landed! Fedex delivered it to my door this afternoon. I was amazed by the pics from Richard, but I'm even more amazed holding it in my hands. He did a truly awesome job!

Here's just one of the boxes of parts I've already amassed for this project. I still have over a dozen things on the way.

As soon as the chassis arrives mockup shall begin.

@tw!ll Guest

Finally got in all the key items i've been waiting on.

New scx10 chassis
    RC4WD Mini trex44 axles(would have like to have gone with the K44's but they were too darn wide)
    RC4WD 1.55 Void Beadlocks(still need 1 more if anyone has one)
    Diamond plate styrene that matches the toolbox I've got for the bed
    RC4WD snorkel that's going to get cut down.

1/10 scale Scout SSII decals from Scout Madness, Mark is a really cool guy. When he heard what I was doing he was happy to shrink down his full size decals for me.

So finally a mockup.

That right there should be pretty close to ride height.

Here's the Trex44's mounted up with the voids and rock crushers. The outer beadlock rings will get sprayed black before I'm done.

@tw!ll Guest

So after getting the decals, I noticed that something that had kind of occurred to me before. The rear quarter panel behind the rear wheel openings is a little too long.

What have I done to Richard's beautiful handywork?! Bandsaws cut plastic very nicely as well.

Much better.

As for those wheel well openings.

Man that was a PIA. Now I remember why I pay other people to do styrene work lol. Still gotta do the other side to match, but I'm finally getting there.

Here's a nice new scx10 chassis all trimmed to fit. Still have to redrill the skid mounting holes to move it forward.

Well much more to come, but at least it's finally in process.

Looking freaking amazing! Those axles sit under there nicely. Richardnoob does some amazing work with styrene, that's fo' sho.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

Chopperray Guest

WOW that's starting to look really good.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast