sbg  

RPP ProLine 2018
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 :: Painting Polycarbonate Bodies - RC Werkshoppe TV

JessF Guest

painting bodies is sooo much fun and a relatively cheap way of getting a new looking truck. I may have to invest in a basic airbrush set.

one thing I will say about using an air compressor is I have heard they can spray a bit of oil in a super fine mist. Some have oil filters, but you never know what's coming out the end. I have used those air in a can things intented for computers. If you tilt the can backwards and spray the body from undernead you're less likely to pick up some of the liquid as you spray.

ChevyLuv Guest

i just painted a lexan body well the first section i masked off and sprayed it tamiya red its nice and solid now i want to back it with white how long should i wait before i coat it with white. then how long before i should remove the ares i taped off to spray the black

I flash dry with a hair dryer between coats, as soon as the red flashes up (goes flat) get the white on, flash dry the white and get the masks off ASAP... the longer you wait to remove the mask th emore the edges can pull up between the paint and the mask. If it starts to pull up you can run a sharp hobby knife along the edges.

ChevyLuv Guest

thanks for the tip good thing i was impatient and just did it lol. i have to say any one who does custom paint jobs on lexan bodys i now understand how much work goes into it i cant beleive how time consumeing it is

Very very good videos, I needed this as I have a couple bodies I need to paint and don't just want a solid color. I have quite a bit of experience in painting models but painting on the inside is difficult. Rather the laying out of graphics is, for me. I will let you know how it turns out. Jim.

I just watched this series at work last night (yep busy night!) and i picked up quite a few handy tips.

Thanks and well done for going to the effort to make it.

I got some Tamiya PS paint leak under the mask in the window area, any tips on cleaning it up without it showing?

This works for spray cans too if you work fairly quick...
    http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/...t=magic+eraser

A little too late for me, it's been curing for 3 days

Well it looks easy! I've come to realize that when difficult things are done by talented people they tend to look easy. After watching these and having had a little previous experience ( I've painted a total of, drum roll here please, one! lexan body ) that talent is very clear. Thanks for all the pointers, I am sure my next attempt considerably better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast