sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 :: Painting Polycarbonate Bodies - RC Werkshoppe TV

Default Episode 1 :: Painting Polycarbonate Bodies - RC Werkshoppe TV

We're now getting our stuff together and we're running through some trial videos.
    Thought we'd share the first 3 episodes in the series.
    Hope you guys get something from these...I know I would have liked a walk-through when I was getting started

V1 Episode 1
    Painting Polycarbonate Bodies - RC Werkshoppe TV

This one takes care of the masking and some graphic detail...

V1 Episode 2

Splashing on some paint...

V1 Episode 3
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 07-17-2010 at 11:21 AM.

lance banner Guest

cool, i wish i saw this before i did my body

Heinz57 Guest

Cool

why didnt he use a body reamer?...just asking cuz my scissers came with a reamer for $15..

I've owned the same lexan scissors for 5 years...never noticed they came with a reamer as a package.
    I'm not against them, they actually look really simple to use.
    I'll pick one up tomorrow and use it in the next body segment!

thanks for watching guys.
    Kev
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 07-17-2010 at 11:25 AM.

crawlerpawl Guest

I drilled my holes undersized then used a conical grinding bit on my Dremel at low speed. Worked perfect - nice clean holes.

very nice answered some questions i had
    i will try and paint more on my own with this info
    cany wait till the next part

Glad you can pull something out of this guys.
    We've got to work one a few technical details, audio, graphics and most importantly get the damn host to stop saying "ummm"

Episode 3 is posted up top and covers the paint.
    Enjoy,
    Kev

I'm really enjoying these Kevin. There's so much I didn't know that I didn't know!
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

crawlerpawl Guest

I doubt I'll ever attempt a paint job like the example in your video, but I do have a few pretty basic questions:

When using an airbrush, how do you prevent the tip from clogging between paint coats? I've only done this once and I cleaned the tip between each coat, was this overkill? Am I waiting too long between coats?

I'd use a spray can but they cost about 3 times as much because of shipping.

As for masking, I used both liquid mask and 3M painter's tape (for the long straight lines). The tape left ragged edges even though I carefully pressed it down. Is this typical? Also, does the liquid mask have to dry between coats, because it took a day for each coat to dry for me, stretching the paint job out to several days.

Sorry for all the questions, but I have another body to paint soon and the first seemed like a ton of work, and you make it look so easy.

Paul

JasonC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crawlerpawl View Post
    I doubt I'll ever attempt a paint job like the example in your video, but I do have a few pretty basic questions:

When using an airbrush, how do you prevent the tip from clogging between paint coats? I've only done this once and I cleaned the tip between each coat, was this overkill? Am I waiting too long between coats?

I'd use a spray can but they cost about 3 times as much because of shipping.

As for masking, I used both liquid mask and 3M painter's tape (for the long straight lines). The tape left ragged edges even though I carefully pressed it down. Is this typical? Also, does the liquid mask have to dry between coats, because it took a day for each coat to dry for me, stretching the paint job out to several days.

Sorry for all the questions, but I have another body to paint soon and the first seemed like a ton of work, and you make it look so easy.

Paul
    You can use a hair dryer on the liquid mask. I do all of the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast