sbg  

RC4WD
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CC Venom Offroader 'Taco-Belle'

Default CC Venom Offroader 'Taco-Belle'

So I have always wanted a slightly more versatile trail rig with a real big offroader feel for it.... and I think I found out how to do it! I'm using the Venom Creeper as a base, so that means the lockable axles, and their center trans fitted into a CC Scaler Combo.
    Here's the inspiration!
    I have to add some real pics to model from (for TTC), so here's some of the ones I will study for this thing:

IFS:

IFS and front skid (cool)

with this front light setup:

rear sort of like this:

cab sliders:

interior and window tubes:

So far so good. For paint It's a Taco-Belle so for those of you that aren't french (I'm not either! haha) that's a FEMALE sort of thing. So it's going to be lipstick red with black doors and way too many sponsor stickers. Along with some GCM flair to boot jason Stole this paint idea from 'wildyota' on rctoyotas.freeforums.org....
    Something similar to this sort of feel:

Now let's see where I'm at.....

I got the center trans stuck on the front mount, and got the dogbone in there also.. it's the traxxas 5mm drive cups and a savage 84mm dogbone to stick in the middle. That won't break any time soon! haha!

So I never tried the lockable Venom axles before, and thought that a speedy trail truck with some occasional bashing might be a good idea to have the open diffs. Got them made up and used HPI Blitz ultra thin metal hexes for the drives, and then stuck on the soft compound BFG's to run it around. I tried these on another trail rig here, and they have a surprising amount of stick on the rocks! Yay!

Now, the layout. I started with the TACO typical layout, using their plastic roll bars etc (it was in the box anyway) and I did want to use the tire mount in the rear, so ... .some of this stuff will be kept for good, some will go the way of the dinosaur. For now, it's layout looks like this:

Going to be TONS of room for my interior and electrics here, so no worries about any of that. It's going to ride around 1/4 inch taller than this, but that's about it. The shocks will be a 80/20 drooped so there won't be much up travel. I'm going to stick in some full fenderwells/splash guards also, and keep it clean as possible inside. I think a couple of 'scale' metal skidplates might show up on it also! hahaha.

The wheels tuck in real nice with the 4.5mm offset rims and tiny hexes, so that's a good thing. The stance is just about exactly that of the stock honcho that I have on the shelf (Aaron's sick truck). I'm real stoked to have this build coming along finally.. it's been in my brains forever!!!!
    I have the 4 chrome light buckets for the nose also (like the top pic) for the front bumper lighting already, so the details are coming along also......
    More later..

vonclod Guest

its looking like a cool build..i kinda like the chassis, who makes it?..ahh i,ll check the link:luxhello:..all i can say is wow very nice design..definatlygonna be high on my "next purchase" list

Lookin fine!

Are you going to make it IFS somehow?
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

ecoli Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HeyOK View Post
    Lookin fine!

Are you going to make it IFS somehow?
    x2. You gotta go all the way and make it IFS. A bit of a pain to do, but the parts are out there to do it!

I've been wanting to do a rig like this for a while, basically a full-on Baja desert race truck. Will be watching this one closely

This is going to be a good one for sure, you should enter it in the Scale Throwdown!!!!!

whoa, whoa.. that's 2 great ideas in one day.. I will have to ignore the second until tomorrow! Over my 1 good idea per day! hahahah!!

OK, well... if I have to.. then IFS it is. Dang.. I wanted this to run in a couple weeks, but not now!
    And, OK, kev.. I'll look into it. Do I have to have a real actual replica to model from? because I have like 4 trucks I'm copying right now... ?

Dang.. IFS, that's going to be SICK. Even I want to see how that is going to work out! hahahaa. Dang you guys

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    whoa, whoa.. that's 2 great ideas in one day.. I will have to ignore the second until tomorrow! Over my 1 good idea per day! hahahah!!

OK, well... if I have to.. then IFS it is. Dang.. I wanted this to run in a couple weeks, but not now!
    And, OK, kev.. I'll look into it. Do I have to have a real actual replica to model from? because I have like 4 trucks I'm copying right now... ?

Dang.. IFS, that's going to be SICK. Even I want to see how that is going to work out! hahahaa. Dang you guys

Nope, this year you guys can have multiple references....Join the fun!!!
    The indy suspension sounds and would look the best...bit of development time on your hands for our entertainment You always aim to please

wow, this is great news, I'm going to give it a real good try! COOL!!

Oooh Nice. The way a Slash should be built in the first place. Theres nothing too real looking about a slash once you lift the body off. It'll be nice with a rear axle and actual frame. I tried making one of these once by using a tamiya pajero CCo1 chassis. Worked okay but kinda slow and dumpy. Want to try again properly someday. Excited to see how you go about this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast