PDA

View Full Version : proline badlands 2.2 tire

jrunner
02-14-2008, 01:13 AM
has any seen or heard about this tire ?? ..read a thread on rrcrawler.com that there almost comparable to the rock claws .

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105216

i know everyone love's the claws. but they suck when they gum up. i noticed that today when i was crawling around queen e park today. what are your guys opinon on the tire, i guess from the looks of it ?

colonelangus
02-14-2008, 01:27 AM
for the rock use the claws for offroading a syped set of slingers work very well .them badlands look kool but the reveiws still have me buying claws..

Tired
02-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Great tire on the mossy rock, all depends on the sidewall height and they do get filled with mud if you're crawlin thru it in between rock sections. You may need some wheel speed to clean em out.

The Badlands' tread work great, can't wait to see the taller version and a 2.2 Proline version.

toyotadon
02-14-2008, 02:05 AM
today i cramed the full stock axial foam on narrow beadlocks and they seem good......and any tire will fill up without some wheel speed

jrunner
02-14-2008, 02:11 AM
hmm thanks for th input guys !! i guess i shall wait..im just looking for a taller tire than 5.5
i mean the claws work good..just looking for something new..

corycrawler
02-14-2008, 09:53 AM
ill be using these on my truggy, cuz they look badass, and if u cant sidehill with claws, ur setup is wrong, too much weight , too little foam?? imo the best "dirty' tire that can still compete is the masher, m3.

jrunner
02-14-2008, 01:30 PM
ill be using these on my truggy, cuz they look badass, and if u cant sidehill with claws, ur setup is wrong, too much weight , too little foam?? imo the best "dirty' tire that can still compete is the masher, m3.

i've seen ur masher perform..and there pretty good !

colonelangus
02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
my claws have full width foams and the diameter has been reduced by half but no funny patterns just a ring .it lets your tires conform to the rocks ,but keeps the side wall stiff for side hilling .also stops the rim from slicing the side wall which happened to a buddy.star or tractor patterned foams are over rated i have done just about every combo imaginable .i just gave away the last 3 sets of foams all with different patterns ..i know this is a tire thread but foams are very important in making your tires transfer the weight of your rig to the ground for propper traction..any tire will benifit from a good foam set up..just my .02

4mods
02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Ya, to bad this thread isn't about foams?!!

I'm in the line up at RCPITSTOP for these tires for as soon as Wes has them instock. Can't wait! Suppose to be available late this month he says!!!!

BIGBIRD
02-14-2008, 09:03 PM
i ordered a set of badlands 2 days ago, supposed to be here late next week. we will see what happens. ill keep you posted.

jrunner
02-15-2008, 04:52 AM
i ordered a set of badlands 2 days ago, supposed to be here late next week. we will see what happens. ill keep you posted.

sweet bigbird !! maybe u can do a review from the claws and badlands..

BIGBIRD
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
for sure i ordered both.

jrunner
02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
for sure i ordered both.

awsome ! where did u order the badlands from ?

BIGBIRD
02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=PRO114400

dittohead
02-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I will be getting a set or 2 of these regardless but i would like to see a review of these tires on semi-local terrain. We have lots of moss covered rocks over on the island, and i have a sneaking suspicion that the badlands will be perfect for this terrain:nod:

4mods
02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm selling the farm for these and I bet they will be on most of my rigs as soon as we can get them.

HEAVY METAL
02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
if ythis newbie thinks he knows whta he is talkin about i looked at a set at one stop today.. cool tire.. like the skinniness

jrunner
02-17-2008, 01:33 AM
if ythis newbie thinks he knows whta he is talkin about i looked at a set at one stop today.. cool tire.. like the skinniness

yes i'am a newbie to this hobby, but its kinda like the 1.1 world..of 4x4. just tryin to find a good tire for our terrain here. as dittohead said we have alot of moss here and its hard to find good ol rock. well not that hard..

HEAVY METAL
02-17-2008, 09:38 AM
yes i'am a newbie to this hobby, but its kinda like the 1.1 world..of 4x4. just tryin to find a good tire for our terrain here. as dittohead said we have alot of moss here and its hard to find good ol rock. well not that hard..

no bud.. i was talkin about ME. when i said newbie.. as in if i know what im talkin about.... which i dont...sorry for the confusion.. yo:)

jrunner
02-17-2008, 07:15 PM
no bud.. i was talkin about ME. when i said newbie.. as in if i know what im talkin about.... which i dont...sorry for the confusion.. yo:)

oops...my bad..

FIN
03-23-2008, 08:59 PM
I just put on my 2.2 badlands thursday night and did a little testing, all I have to compare them too is the stock lizards on my axial but it is like night and day so far. I never knew what a difference a decent tire would make, now proline is comming out with the m3 compound in the badlands and hammers.

colonelangus
03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
there is no end in site to the tire war going on..rc4wd has released the creepy crawler 30.00 a pair,rock stompers ,rock crushers .just because a tire has hype doesnt mean its good just that it is new ..badlands well they are a copy of one of the best truggy tires ..that does not mean its a rock tire ..m3 moabs look very good ,but i dont like the bead on the tires much..proline says the hammers are an allterrain tire .i still havnt seen a tire out perform the claws on the rocks ..my thoughts are leaning toward the imex rubicon soft compond ..its an overlooked tire that has potential ..just my .02

dittohead
04-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I have run my badlands a few times now and so far i find that they just grab too much and get hooked into the jagged rocks we run over here way too easily. I like the losi claws better if the rocks im running are clean. If its mossy/dirty, the badlands are better.

ecoli
04-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I think the badlands will be perfect for around here. Lot more river rock type terrain which the claws just don't hook up well on. Will probably have to buy another set of wheels and have one for badlands, one for claws.

Dittohead, just use your badlands on the rocks when the tide goes out. Should hook up well on wet, slimy seaweed covered rocks ;)