PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 Foams

JasonC
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
I haven't really noticed much talk about foams in 1.9 tires. What are people using for their foams in scalers?

If you cut the 1.9 foams, are you going for the same effects as comp crawlers or are you trying to keep them a bit firmer for driving on trails?

BIGBIRD
04-05-2009, 05:44 PM
i have no foam in my CC MOG /pajero ,also running a few ounces of weight in the wheels

JasonC
04-05-2009, 07:04 PM
i have no foam in my CC MOG /pajero ,also running a few ounces of weight in the wheels

Do you have air holes in the wheels Rick?

I am just assembling my wheels on my SCX10 and Im trying to figure out what to do with the foams. But I saw they are memory foams, so I have put one in so far and just put some air holes to see what it will be like.

Code454
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
the big issue with running foams is that when they get soaked with water.

soleslaw
04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Do you have air holes in the wheels Rick?

I am just assembling my wheels on my SCX10 and Im trying to figure out what to do with the foams. But I saw they are memory foams, so I have put one in so far and just put some air holes to see what it will be like.

I have no foams in the same tires as Ricks CC Mog with no air holes... they work great!
I ran memory foams in my sealed 1.9 flatirons and they worked pretty good :biggthumpup:

Talon_92
04-05-2009, 08:35 PM
im happy with my sealed rims, with my flatirons, and memory foam, they seem to stick pretty good, ive got a little bit of weight in all four wheels.