PDA

View Full Version : New track layout 1st vid

Headquake
03-23-2012, 03:38 AM
New layout built over the last week. Going for more of scale racing feel for 2012. No doubles, just hills and turns and loose dirt drifting.
I really like it, bonus is that you can ride it both directions now too, making it seem like 2 new tracks.
:biggthumpup:

It hasn't rained since i finished the track, so the dryed up loose dirt is still pretty fluffy. Its all a bit bumpy still too but its making it fun to drive.

For even more fun driving, i tightened the SC10's ball diff up almost all the way to make the truck loose and squirly. Also geared it real low with a 13.5 so its not too fast but lots of low end control. Makes it a real fun challenge to ride. I'm full throttle much of the time in the vid and have the drag brake strong enough to get me into a slide. Lots of drifting and quick reaction stuff. Good times. :)

The old SC10 is sporting some new shocks, his old meaty 2.2 Geolander tires and a new body kindly given to me by Matt (imthatguy).

Check it out.

1ST TRACK VID OF 2012 LAYOUT (http://youtu.be/2jI5Y9NM9to)

:beerchug:

imthatguy
03-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Looking good Rick! I've got a few batteries ready to go if the weather holds for Sunday!

generis
03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Sweet! Can't hardly wait to try it out! :biggthumpup:

Mud Puppy
03-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Love it. Looks like a blast to drive on.
Some tracks get so focused on the big air that it becomes more about how you can fly than how you can drive, so it's nice to see something more realistic.

crawlin
03-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Tracks looking good Rick