PDA

View Full Version : Wheely King Goes Swimming

Purple Dreams
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
So I take my King out... To Belcarra with My Boyfriend Hordsak and our friend skinner.
We park on the shoulder by the swamp and it all goes wrong RIGHT THERE!

I put my king on the ground, POWERED ON including the controler that I in my hand at the time. I face it towards the swamp.

I bent over to do something and squeezed the trigger and Full Throttled it into the Drink!

It flips into the swamp upside down with only the tires out of the water. Yep guys and it took me a few to get down there and pull it out.

Now I cant use it and I just got a new batt today too.

DARN I have to let it dry out and pray it works later.

Ya

Hordsak
03-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Yep. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time. We laughed the whole drive home to Maple Ridge. I was crawling my truck up the part where you get to the power poles, and I hear her truck go full boar, and then a splash. Sure enough, it was completely submerged upside down in the nasty swamp. She ruined her first outing haha. Ahh well.. hopefully we can resurrect it tonight. Here is a picture with it drying out.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/Hordsak/P1040732-1.jpg

drifto
03-24-2008, 10:46 PM
i cant handle the suspense. did it work or is it screwed?

Hordsak
03-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh it was fine after we dried it out. We took it out to page road on the weekend, and one of the first places she drove it was through the creek. It's getting upgraded to a crawler more or less this weekend.

UNGLEWD
03-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Bummer your first outing went like that. It's good you can laugh about it though.
Good thing you haven't done all of your upgrades yet, expensive electronics, ESC, receiver...
Having dunked a few of my RCs I can say they do dry out well for the most part. Hordsak, ya might want to pick up some balloons!
Hoping to have one of mine back together for the weekend, probably see you folks out there.
Kevin

HeyOK
03-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Purple Dreams, you are legendary! I went crawling there the day after (I think) and there were a couple of guys there (J-rock and another) that were talking about your misfortune.

Good to hear that things started working again once it dried out!

drifto
03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
thats awesome that it was fine. my brother (scorpion king) did the same thing to his axe and he has a rooster crawler and it was fine . he rolled his into a puddle up at harrison

F350 Tonka
03-25-2008, 06:14 PM
I saw it working at page road on saturday,Glad to see Purple Dreams is still in it.